The Brand- EJIRO AMOS TAFIRI
Ejiro Amos Tafiri is an Indigenous fashion design, retail and educational company. It prides itself on its innovative designs, use of indigenous fabrics and attention to detail, while championing the push for collaborative retail structures in Africa’s fashion industry, to foster shared experiences and accelerate growth. We are passionate about sharing knowledge and capacity development within the fashion ecosystem.
Ejiro Amos Tafiri (the mother brand) is an Indigenous premium brand for quality women’s wear that fuses African dress forms with detailed modern garment construction techniques, often influenced by the fluidity and ornamental style of oriental heritage. We are thought leaders in the retail fashion space, creating well-tailored garments that celebrate individuality and ultra-femininity.
Established in 2010, the Ejiro Amos Tafiri brand has a keen knack for layering, a multi-texture fusion of fabrics and embellishments reminiscent of African royalty while keeping elegance, complex simplicity and fluidity as the watchword. The brand seeks to challenge and push what is inherently traditional to mainstream fashion through innovative applications of fabric, modern cuts, and drapery technique while celebrating feminine curves.
The reimagination of a popular traditional outfit, “Oleku”, to a modern drape dress went on to sell thousands. It endeared a vast local following of upwardly mobile, cosmopolitan women who filled up high-end location stores in Lagos, Ikoyi, in 2014. Similarly, the Ikeja flagship store and home to the Ejiro Amos Tafiri school of Design was launched in 2016.
Ejiro Amos Tafiri acknowledges the importance of fostering progressive cultures to stay alert and updated with market demands as a fashion company. The products and services offered are rewards for milestones conquered in the journey through life as it takes each client on a path of personal expression and discovery. The brand caters to women across borders with a vision to build and embrace cultural stories through Design that celebrate the bold, expressive and confident woman.
Ejiro Amos Tafiri is synonymous with innovation, individuality and elegance all whilst being geared towards excellence which isdistinctive traits of even the employees of Ejiro Amos Tafiri.
For over a decade,Ejiro Amos Tafiri has gained repeated recognition for its work in fashion and has, over the years, been featured in several publications such as CNN, Aljazeera, Today’s Woman, Guardian and Marie Claire. The brand has been the toast of African Celebrities such as Tiwa Savage, Rita Dominic, Joselyn Dumas, Wage, AdesuaEtomi, DakoreEgbuson, and Ajoke Silva, among others.
A sub brand, is a dynamic brand that designs and retails ready to wear for women. Quality, elegance, ease and versatility is what DEAT offers the modern woman. It’s offerings range from staple pieces, to trendy functional and fun, work and lounge wear.
A fun functional brand for quality children’s clothing. It embraces the uniquely local fabrics and designs that’s incorporated into easy to wear, functional and practical designs while showcasing designs and textures that are unique to Africa.
Ejiro Amos Tafiri School of Design is a home ground for fashion industry hopefuls. We believe in empowering the next generation of creatives and offer an invasive practical, real-world sphere of learning while making all efforts to provide you only useful, necessary and applicable information at the highest instructional levels.
Established in 2016,the Ejiro Amos Tafiri School of Design was developed to educate and train students with a knowledge base to set them ahead. We aim to build a generation of educated, seasoned and professional fashion entrepreneurs from each student per time. EATSDN is committed to providing high-quality education to help prepare and equip the students with Standard Professional Techniques for the competitive fashion environment and affiliate fashion institutes.
Ejiro Amos Tafiri is fueled with a vision to become a global brand associated with the preservation and development of culture and society through crafting unique and delicate garments for the discerning global citizen, a confident and self-aware woman who is utterly feminine and encouraging, inspiring, promoting innovation within our community and showcase what is possible within Africa.
- To offer exclusive, elegant and Timeless designs of quality women’s wears to our customers across and beyond Africa.
- To maintain an African-owned brand that is rich and bold in style and, most importantly, internationally accessible.
- Represent the most refined qualities, defining style and creating desire whilst ensuring sustainable economic growth.
- To provide products and services that promote premium and authentic African culture through our designs.
- Collaboration is key to the achievement of our core purposes. To achieve this, We strive for recognition with global stakeholders, working for cultural sustainability through fashion.To create, enable, landfill learning and wealth-building opportunities with partners
- Similarly, We believe the small things matter, and we find opportunities even in the minor things. For example, we strive to reach the nooks and crannies of Nigeria to network and partner with local stakeholder by filling up existing boutiques without having to establish a physical presence or store.
- Commitment to Customers
- Continuous Learning
- Constant Improvement
Ejiro Amos Tafiri has a presence in 10 stores. Some of which are:
- SassyChicBoutique Dakar, Senegal
- The Curvy Side of Lagos, Uk
- LeyiUsh, Calabar, Nigeria
- 41 Luxe Abuja Nigeria
- Grey Velvet Stores, Ikeja/ Lekki/ Abuja Nigeria
- Shop and Play Abuja
- Design Collective Kenya
- Renaissance Hotel Ikeja
- Zere Fashion House, U.K
- House of Linen, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
AWARDS / RECOGNITION
Consistency paved the way for the brand as an innovator and a notable leader on several entrepreneurship platforms hence being awarded serial accolades.
- Honorary award for empowering women in the Fashion Industry by the African Fashion Development and Empowerment Centre at The Women in Fashion Summit (WIFS) in March 2019,
- The Icon of Hope Award at the Africa Design and Fashion Week In 2018
- The 2016 Achiever Alumni’s Excellence Award by the Rector, Yaba College of Technology
- Creative Entrepreneur of the Year Award by the Awesome Treasures Foundation in November 2016,
- The Outstanding Emerging Designer at the Heineken Lagos Fashion Week award in 2015.
- Recipient of the Designer of the Year at the City People Fashion & Beauty Awards in 2015.
- Award of Honor & Recognition for the Nigerian Youth Skill development by Yaba College of Technology in 2015
- Regional winner for the Federal Government Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) in October 2014,
- Awarded the Glam and Essence fastest Growing fashion brand in 2014.
- The City People Fashion and beauty Awards for the Fashion Film of the Year In 2013
Ejiro Amos Tafiri has shown its collections on international platforms across Africa, such as
- FIMO Togo Fashion Festival – February 2021
- Featured among the 100 African owned fashion brands featured on the Black Parade by Beyoncé. – September 2020
- Style by Zenith – December 2019
- Paris Fashion Week – September 2019
- Glitz Africa Fashion Week – October 2019
- Dakar fashion week – July 2017-
- Gtbank Fashion Weekend – November 2016, 2017
- Glitz Africa Fashion Week, Ghana – October 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 & 2019.
- Kenya International fashion Week – August 2014
- Masa Arts Fashion Festival, Ivory Coast – April 2014
- MTV Made in BLACK campaign – August 2014
- Malawi Fashion Week – 2013
- Woven Threads Exhibition, London – 2013
- USAID’s Origin of Africa, Mauritius – 2011